Scare Tactics. The Babysitter. Brilliant set up. Look for his little dance around the room at approx 3:28 – I don’t do well with this stuff
This would rate up there with one of the weirdest ones.
A creepy practice back in the good old days when a loved one’s carcass is dressed up to look so they still alive and kicking…well, standing in a very stiff pose, and not so much kicking going on.
See the article here in all its weirdness.
The Dodo - perhaps it lives on...somewhere
What if the famous Dodo bird were found not to be extinct? Thousands may one day may be found to still survive on some hitherto unknown island near Mauritius? What would we do then? “Dead as a Dodo” or “to go the way of the Dodo” will be no more.
Raphus cucullatus will be thumbing their seriously huge bills at us – nah nah nah nah!
We will then have to find another seriously unlucky ex-species to use as a euphemism for “being gone for all money” – or dead.
Dead as a democracy perhaps?
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. Don’t worry about what people think, they don’t do it very often.
3. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
5. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you’ve never tried before.
6. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
7. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
8. A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
9. For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.
10. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
11. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.
12. A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.
13. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see the baby’s head emerging.
1 4. Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.
15. No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
16. A balanced diet is a beer and burger in each hand.
17. Middle age is when the broadness of your mind and the narrowness of the waist swap.
18. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
19. Junk is something you’ve kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.
20. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
21. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
22. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
23. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.
24. Someone who thinks logically provides nice contrast to the real world.
25. It ain’t the jeans that make your arse look big.
26. If you had to identify in one word the reason why the human race has not achieved it’s full potential, that word would be ‘meetings’.
27. There is a very fine line between ‘hobby’ and ‘mental illness.’
28. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
29. You should not confuse your career with your life.
30. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
31. Never lick a steak knife.
32. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
33. Cashing in your daylight savings will not get you a longer life.
34. Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
35. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that deep down inside we ALL believe we are good drivers.
36. Your real friends will still love you – no matter what.
A couple in Pennslyvania have tried to stop Google showing the Streetview of their street – but to no avail. The couple are Boring…that’s their surname..how unfortunate – I wonder if they have many friends?
The Borings sued Google in April 2008 for privacy, trespassing, negligence, and unjust enrichment after photographs of their home showed up on Street View, a mapping program that displays street-level, 360-degree photographs of areas traversed by specially equipped Google vehicles.
The photographs in questions were taken at the foot of the Boring’s Pittsburgh area driveway and showed the couple’s house, a pool area, and detached garage. Street View photos of their home are no longer accessible, though the photos live on in the blogosphere and on various Web sites.
Judge Hay said that the Borings failed to prove that the publication of these images caused them to suffer shame or humiliation. She was also unconvinced that Google was guilty of trespassing, as the photographer had caused no harm to the Boring property.
I can sort of understand where they are coming from. When we looked at our house on Street View – you can quite clearly see our son standing at our backdoor – in his boxers! It looks like the Google camera went down the road early one morning, about 18 months ago.
You can see for yourself below:
View Larger Map
An interesting judicial outcome…their house was removed from the view. But that wasnt really the issue – the Borings were after some settlement dosh – how very American!
The amusing thing is that not that many places in Tasmania have been “Googled” in Streetview – the centre of Hobart isnt there – but our little old road in out of the way Woodbridge is there…curious.
You suck at Photoshop is a must see – and not just for those seeking some great video Tutorials on how to better use Photoshop. This very well made series of video tutorials, presented by Donny Hoyle, brings you some great tips and tricks in using PS – and at the same time you get an insight into Donny’s sad life. Donny is a very talented Photoshop pro - but his life sucks. Watch, learn, weep and laugh!
A few images to share with you – it’s Sunday and time for some light relief.
Those irritating Windows Error boxes!
I just had to share this with you…those little boxes are not welcome at any time. For once we can have a chuckle…
Popular Mechanics 1951
Yes that’s right Popular Mechanics had your future home in mind when this was published in 1951. Imagine that! And you have to love that lamp!
For those long and leisurely afternoons in the pool…